What are AM units?
AM units stands for Andree Marie units, wigs handmade to suit the individual, as a salon hair stylist first, the aim is to give clients an element of that perfect style to fit you delivered to your home.
What extensions do AM units use?
AM units pride ourselves in supplying premium quality wigs which can last for up to 18 months depending on the maintenance. For maximum longevity please treat your units with care and avoid vigorous brushing or using excessive heat and over processing.
How do I wash my units?
To wash your human hair wig, follow these steps:
1) Detangle the unit with a wig brush, or a large comb. Start on the ends and work your way to the base of the cap
2) Rinse the hair with warm water, the water should be flowing in the direction as the hair to avoid tangling
3) Avoid soaking the hair in the basin, it may tangle that way
4) Using your fingers, distribute shampoo evenly throughout the hair
5) Rinse with warm water thoroughly to remove shampoo, again the water should be flowing in the direction as the hair to avoid tangling
6) Remove excess water by gently patting with a towel. Avoid squeezing the hair
7) Using your fingers, distribute conditioner throughout the hair, comb through (or use tangle teaser)
8) Remove the conditioner by rinsing with warm water. To remove excess water, pat unit dry (you may also leave unit in the towel for 5 mins also)
9) Allow wig to air dry, once dry, style as usual
How many bundles will I need for a full unit/U-part ?
For your full head purchasing needs, we are pleased to provide a range set units with the required amount of bundles, however, units such as Shade/Tola you have an option of extra bundles for a fuller look. Lengths longer than 16″ will need around 3-4 bundles for a fuller look or in three staggered individual lengths for a complete layered look. It is important to note that the longer the hair length the shorter the width of the track end to end. This means for maximum coverage and volume and more individual lengths may be required.
Do you have a guarantee?
All Units are six months guaranteed. If your unit requires Tightening/re-stitching it can be sent back within the 6 month time frame to be fixed free of charge. Please note that the shipping costs will have to be paid by the customer.
How do I measure my head?
Please refer to the measurement table as a guideline for your wig
+Make sure your hair is as flat as possible when measuring your head for a wig cap
|Unit size (inches)||Small||Medium||Large|
|Front to nape||14||14.5||14.5|
|Ear to Ear across forehead||12||12.5||12.5/75|
|Ear to ear over the top||12.5||12.75||13|
|Temple to temple across back||14.5||15||15.5|
|Nape of neck||5||5.5||6|
How to measure your head
What is the delivery time?
Standard delivery is as follows:
UK- 2-5 working days, Europe- 5-7 working days, USA and Canada 7 working days.
Though we endeavour to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction in all our service; because we rely on a third party to deliver our goods, inevitably there may be delays in postage in the minority of cases. In these events we will do our very best to keep you informed and get your order delivered as quickly as possible.
Disclaimer: Please note only orders made before 4 pm UK time will be processed the next working day. Customers are responsible for entering their correct delivery address, AM units will not accept any liability for non-delivery if mis-typed/wrong or old addresses have been entered during the order process.
How long does a Unit take to make?
Units take 7-10 working to make depending on what needs to be done, please note working days do not include weekends.